I love finding new ways to wear my clothes. Especially now that I can only fit into a few of them comfortably. I also really like the fact that I can get inspiration for my maternity outfits from non-maternity sources. I copied this outfit from Fran and managed an outfit that doesn’t consist of any maternity clothing at all. I never wore this black cardigan much, because it is was too big for me. Now it is the only piece I can button up. Most of my cardigans and jackets are worn open, because they just don’t zip/button up. These tights are an XL size, so they fit AND are comfortable. Nothing worse than a baby and a pair of tights pressing on your bladder!
Here are some more dress with tights ideas:
Yet another non-maternity maternity outfit for you. To be honest I wore slippers all day and just put the heels on for the photos. This skirt is really perfect for the bump (for now at least). It isn’t uncomfortable, it stretches nicely and I can still zip it all the way up. I really hope I don’t stretch it out, this skirt is one of my favourites.
I can’t believe how quickly my jackets,cardigans and button up shirts have failed to close. I had to stop wearing button ups even before I was showing, they just didn’t fit. I still keep them for extra layers or if I need a light cardigan. This baseball jacket is still fairly new, but I’ve worn it so many times it feels like I’ve had it for ages! It is so nice and warm, plus it make any outfit seem instantly relaxed. I think it might be the first time it appears on the blog. Its a shame though, because I’ve had some really nice outfits with it, let’s hope there are many more still to come.
For other ways I’ve worn this skirt, click here.
I wore this to a family lunch at the in-laws. I wish I didn’t have to cover up the striped top, but it was so cold that day! The striped top and jeggings are maternity items, the rest are all non-maternity.
I quite dressing a little bit ‘sportier’ these days. I think it is just so much more comfortable! I guess comfort is key, these days. And boy are maternity clothes comfey!
See some more sort of sporty looks here:
No dogs at the park
Black and White
I finally received half of my maternity order! My sister has kindly bought me some maternity clothing. When I say some, I mean basically an entire wardrobe. I took a few photos on my phone just to show her how they fit. They aren’t the greatest photos, but I am wearing awesome socks. Most of the things my sister got me are summer pieces, that I can layer for winter. Luckily this winter isn’t so cold. As a guide I used Audrey from Putting Me Together’s post on how to create a maternity capsule wardrobe. This has been a life-saver for me Audrey, thank you! Once the entire order has arrived, I will be able to show you more clearly on how I used this very handy guide!
- Three quarter sleeve striped shirt: This top is just amazing! It makes every outfit look so chic! It is the perfect striped top that I’ve been looking for all this time. I just hope I can find a non-maternity version for my permanent wardrobe.
- Bird print tank top: This top is slightly too big. The straps are slightly too long and I’m torn between just taking them in or leaving it, because who knows how big I’ll get.
- Chestnut coloured tank top: This fits really well and I can’t believe how this colour goes with everything! It just makes everything pop!
- Elephant print dress: This dress fits perfectly! I can’t wait to wear this. On the one hand I want to save it for something special and the other I just want to wear it all the time!
- Jeggings: These have convinced me that getting at least a few maternity pieces is a good idea! These are so comfortable!! Plus, they look better on me than my regular jeans!
- Because this order was taking so long to reach me, I went out and bought these two striped t-shirts. I originally got them to sleep in because my pyjamas were getting uncomfortable. And we all know pyjamas are never supposed to me uncomfortable! I like these tops so much, that I when one is being used as a sleeping top, the other is being worn out and about, like it was made for. The long sleeves also really help layering up my mostly summer maternity wardrobe.
- I also bought these extremely unflattering joggers. They are used as pyjamas and for yoga.
- The first maternity item I bought was a pair of black ponte trousers (not pictured). I wear them constantly and I’m sure they will get even more use as my regular trousers get a bit tight for me.
Well, there you have it. If I ever receive my second half of my order, then I’ll do an updated post. But in the meantime these items have stretched the use of my wardrobe far beyond what I thought they would!